Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3/Ghost Rider
The supernatural Ghost Rider is stunt motorcyclist Johnny Blaze, who, in order to save the life of his mentor, agreed to give his soul to "Satan" (later revealed to be an arch-demon named Mephisto). Instead, his soul bonded with the entity called Zarathos. When utilizing Zarathos' powers Blaze's flesh is consumed by hellfire, causing his head to become a flaming skull. He rides a fiery motorcycle and wields trademark blasts of hellfire from his skeletal hands. (Excerpt taken from Wikipedia)
In a nutshell
Ghost Rider can be most easily compared to Dhalsim or even Omega Red from previous games, with his EXTREMELY long reaching melee attacks. One major distinction, however, is his sheer damage. While he may seem somewhat clunky or unwieldy at first, once you understand him, you will find that Ghost Rider can easily hit confirm over 500K damage from nearly full screen distance! His zoning tools, immense reach, high damage, and above average health (1 million) make for one very strong character.
Tips and Tricks
- Ghost Rider's snapback reaches nearly full screen, making it possibly the most abusable snapback in the game.
- Jumping and crouching both reach over half screen, and are high and low respectively. Keep these in mind.
- While Ghost Rider CAN confirm a lot of damage from far distances, he doesn't necessarily need to. He can spend a lot of the match content to poke and prod bits of damage out of the opponent.
- Ghost Rider's Alpha Assist, Chain of Rebuttal, is an EXTREMELY fast, far reaching Wall Bounce. While both of his other assists are strong OTG hits, the sheer speed and power of CoR assist should not be overlooked. If your team doesn't require the OTG, you will find this assist very abusable, both for zoning and for combos.
- Standing and crouching move Ghost Rider forward. Use these and cancel them on whiff (Kara Cancel) to increase the range of moves such as Penance Stare.