X-Men vs Street Fighter
X-Men vs Street Fighter is Capcom's first official entrance to a versus game following the release of X-Men: Children of the Atom and Marvel Super Heroes. The game was first release in the arcade in 1996 with console versions that followed in 1997 and 1998. The arcade revision versions have many infinites removed, skewing the overall balance of the game.
- RedGGPO : https://redggpo.com A newer alternative to fightcade with better emulation.
- Discord RedGGPO : https://discord.gg/fkdY65N Official RedGGPO discord for matchmaking and platform discussion.
- FightCade : https://www.fightcade.com An online platform for arcade gaming, where people gather to play online and chat about the game.
- Discord Fightcade Group : https://discord.gg/q9ys2Wp A Discord group useful for finding people to play Fightcade games with.
X-Men vs Street Fighter is a direct sequel of Marvel Super Heroes and as such the game mechanics follow directly from that game. In turn Marvel Super Heroes was based on the concepts developed Street Fighter II. The first main difference in the gameplay is the tag-team approach with one tag match to determine the winner which replaced the older one on one matches with the "best out of 3" winner.
This game introduces "Variable Attack", which tags the point character out with the other partner by pressing + . This can be performed at any time during a match as long as the player has control of their fighter (while the character is not attacking or in a hit stun). The other partner joining the match jumps in and does a quick taunt before continues the battle. Once a partner is defeated the other parter will join and continue the match again until their either win or are defeated.
The game also introduced "Variable Counter" to force the opponent to switch partners and the "Variable Combination" with will have both team mates performing a Hyper Combo at the same time.
- Dashing can be performed by swiftly pressing , or by pressing + + .
- Super Jump can be performed by swiftly pressing , or by pressing + + .
- When recovering from a fall you can perform a Recovery Roll by pressing , , + + .
- This game includes OTG hits, chain combos, move canceling, aerial raves
- The final boss is Apocalypse, the final mach can not be interupted by a second player.
The following tier list is a generally accepted generalization of the ability of the fighters. This list is not final doctorine but it gives a good idea of what will tend to happen in a fight between two equally prepared opponents.
Non Infinite Tier
The following information is based on a study by Shiro_420 of Shoryuken.com:
God-Tier: Magneto, Storm, Cyclops, Wolverine,Chun-Li
Top-Tier: Sabretooth, Gambit, Ryu, Charlie
Mid-Tier: Cammy, Rogue, Zangief, Ken
Low-Tier: Akuma, Dhalsim, Juggernaut, Bison
the following information is based on a study by dog-face of Shoryuken.com):
God-Tier: Cyclops, Chun-Li, Magneto, Wolverine, Storm
Top-Tier: Rogue, Gambit, Charlie, Sabretooth
Mid-Tier: Ryu, Zangief, Dhalsim, Akuma
Low-Tier: Bison, Cammy, Juggernaut, Ken
- Arcade (CPS2)
The game used character sprites form X-Men Children of the Atom for the Marvel half of the roster while the Capcom side is populated with with sprites from the Street Fighter Alpha series. Rogue, Gambit, Sabretooth and Cammy(Shadaloo) make their first appearances in this game.